October Activities in Colorado Springs
Colorado Springs has many year round activities to enjoy. No matter what your interests are, Colorado has something for you!
- Coffin Races – October 27th will begin with a parade at noon, followed by coffin races with over 70 teams in costume racing for titles like “Best Entourage” and “Best Coffin!”
- Harvest Festival – Bring the whole family out to the Western Museum of Mining and Industry for a day of pumpkin patches, hay rides, face painting, and games. The cost is only $5 per person and is going on both October 6th and 7th.
- Frights and Pints – Adults, here is some fun for you! Frights and Pints is a haunted beer tour with craft beer selections while touring Manitou Brewing Company. Tours start at $18 per person and goes on all October every Wednesday and Saturday.
- Click here for all Halloween related activities in October!
- Hiking – Colorado Springs has the most beautiful hiking trails to see fall colors! Check out this list of Aspen hiking trails to get some fresh air and connect with nature.
- Zip lining – Soar over arcs of Colorado Springs by zip line along the Royal Gorge plateau! This epic journey lasts 2 hours, can accommodate kids over 5 years old, and starts at $89.
- ATV-ing – Rent an ATV for an thrilling adventure of a lifetime! You can rent an ATV with up to 4 seats and choose from multiple trails to tear up some dust on.
- Browse through this list of over 600 outdoor activities to do in Colorado Springs!
Events and Festivals
- Red Rocks Summer Concerts – What a better setting to have a concert than outdoors surrounded by beautiful red rocks? Look through the 2018 red rocks concerts to find one that fits your taste!
- Telluride Horror Show Festival – This 3 day film festival showcases the latest horror, fantasy, and sci-fi films. The dates are October 12-14th at the Sheridan Opera House.
- Día de los Muertos Exhibit – Día de los Muertos, Spanish for “Day of the Dead,” is a celebration of life. Starting October 13th, the Longmont Museum and Cultural center is offering a free exhibit to learn and experience this Spanish holiday.
- The full list of events and festivals can be found here!